Monday, December 29, 2008

My Christmas Cards

These are my Christmas cards for this year. I did not make too many because I did not receive many. Last year I made so many I ran out of paper. I guess people are cutting back. I tried several new techniques - new to me at least. This is my first card to heat emboss. I used the Illuminations set and Baroque Motifs from SU! I used SU brilliant blue and glorious green card stock. This is my first time to use SU card stock except for the white. It is so much richer looking than the card stock from my LSS. I am hooked! The two large brads on the corners were white. I heated each one and dipped it in embossing powder. Then it just takes a second or two more of heating to finish them in silver. The mirrored card stock is from Stampinscrapin.com . I looked all over for this. Lastly, I embellished each card with Swarovski crystal rhinestones. They are not really much more expensive than those acrylic stones for cards and scrapping and they make a big difference.

No comments: