Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thanksgiving Scrapbook Layout


Today's layout has more prints than I am used to combining unless they totally match. I am not sure I like it. Sometimes I go back later and love it and sometimes I take the layout apart and redo it. Some of the paper here is Creative Memories and some is from a Paper Stack. The little pewter leaf is Making Memories.



I used my Cuttlebug to cut the tag - one of paper, one of chipboard. I got a new die yesterday. It is the old-style Sizzix thick red die. I had to figure out the "sandwich" for the Cuttlebug. It was the hardest to use of all the dies I have tried so far because it is not flat on the bottom. I ended up with the "C" plate and a piece of cardboard. The cardboard was the kind that comes in a Creative Memories paper pack - sorta' like the back of a tablet.

Check out this BEAUTIFUL BASIC GREY Paper. I found a picture of the papers on Scrap Etc. Here is the link.

http://moniquemclean.typepad.com/scrap_etc/

1 comment:

kristi said...

The "old" thick red die cut I think you are talking about goes with the machine I have. Sometime, you may have to come over and just do die cuts.

Since I have been doing more digital scrapbooking, I haven't used my paper supplies as much. I do find myself still using them, though. I actually have an alphabet die cut set and other bits and pieces of die cuts including some girls and boys. With the girls and boys, I have some clothes sets...why you ask?

I found a lady on Ebay (I will send you the link) and she creates "Disney Dolls" with the die cuts for each Disney Park Character you could just about think of. She is using the Sissix die cuts to do them and they are cute. I am thinking about creating some this summer. They are really cute!