Friday, March 21, 2008

Back to Scrapbooking

BEFORE


This week I started redoing some layouts from one of my sons baby album. I did this album when I first started scrapbooking. The lady who led the crops I went to liked minimal embellishments so that is what she taught. Since then I have gradually added embellishments and more paper until I am happy with my style. Now when I look at those first layouts I am sad that I wasted so much time and paper on these stark layouts. For the next few weeks I will share my redos.

AFTER


Today is the birth of my second son. The BEFORE layout used Creative memories paper and stickers with no background paper. The updated layout uses Rusty Pickle printed vellum, Anna Griffin and Bazzill paper. The clear flowers are from Making Memories. I bought a Cosmo Cricket paper pack on eBay and the seller sent a huge sample baggie full of cute embellishments as a thank you gift. Needless to say I will watch for her other auctions. Her user ID is scrappin_penguin. The buttons I used were also included in the freebies. The ribbon charm is also by Making Memories.

1 comment:

kristi said...

I like the layouts...your style is your style...I like the re-do!